West Nile virus + accident I-91
Welcome back, Hartford. Here’s all the local news, events, and community messages you need for Thursday, September 23.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Greater Hartford? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Covered all day. High: 79 Low: 71.
Here are the best stories in Greater Hartford today:
- Mosquitoes carrying West Nile virus found in Hartford: Two mosquitoes carrying the virus were identified on Wednesday. The insects were trapped at Keney Park on September 14. (NBC Connecticut)
- I-91 North in Hartford reopens after an accident involving multiple vehicles: Crews cleared the accident early Wednesday afternoon. (WTNH.com)
- Hartford man pleads guilty to gun charge: Allen Evans, 35, pleaded guilty to illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition by a criminal. (Great Hartford Patch)
- Blues Beat: Robert Cray’s performing at Infinity Hartford (Middletown Press)
- AG woman arrested in fatal accident in Hartford (WFSB)
- 7 new restaurants to discover in the Hartford area, from chicken sandwiches to vegan dishes (Hartford Courant)
- Eight Hartford homes are set to be repaired by volunteers at the annual Rebuilding Together Hartford day next month (Hartford Courant)
Today’s Grand Hartford Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
Today in Greater Hartford:
- Young Explorers on the Green – Windsor Public Library Kidspace Programs (10:30 a.m.)
- Young Explorers – Windsor Public Library Kidspace Programs (10:30 a.m.)
- CHR’s 14th Swing of Hope: golf and tennis outing! (11:00)
- Chair yoga with Jen (12:30 p.m.)
- Virtual Highlights Tour – Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art (1:00 p.m.)
- The seamstresses of Auschwitz: virtual author event (2:00 p.m.)
- Short Attention Online Literary Club (2:00 p.m.)
- JV B GLF Hall v. Simsbury – Hall High School Sports (3:00 p.m.)
- VB GLF Hall v. Simsbury – Hall High School Sports (3:00 p.m.)
- FR B SOC Hall v. Avon – Hall High School Sports (3:45 p.m.)
- FR G SOC Hall @ Avon – Hall High School Sports (3:45 p.m.)
- FR FB Hall v. Fairfield Warde – Hall High School Sports (3:45 p.m.)
- Stowe Prize 2021: Tribute to Dr Eddie Glaude (4:00 p.m.)
- Afternoon Art – Windsor Public Library Kidspace Programs (4:00 PM)
- From Farm to Forge – Forge City Works (5:30 p.m.)
- Tutor Training Session 1 – Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford (6:00 p.m.)
- Stowe Prize 2021 | Live broadcast from Harriet Beecher Stowe Center with Dr. Eddie Glaude (6:45 p.m.)
- Stowe Prize 2021 | Harriet Beecher Stowe Center Streaming with Dr. Eddie Glaude (6:45 p.m.)
Greater Hartford Marking Book
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Chris rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Greater Hartford Daily? Contact us anytime at [email protected]