Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 reportedly delayed due to Covid-19 outbreak
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 may have to be delayed due to a Covid-19 outbreak at Samsung, according to a recent rumor.
Dutch website LetsGoDigital claims YouTuber and former Samsung employee Super Roader have been hit by a Covid-19 outbreak at one of its development buildings in South Korea.
It is claimed that 11 employees working in Samsung Digital City’s R5 tower, where Galaxy devices are developed and tested, have fallen ill. Samsung has reportedly taken immediate action to quarantine affected workers and has stipulated that only 30% of employees will be allowed to go to the office, while the remaining 70% will have to work from home.
These measurements will continue for six weeks, which effectively means the rest of the year.
While this is not believed to have an effect on the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S22, it could apparently have major ramifications for the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, which was slated to launch with the Galaxy S22. A delay is possible, so far from certain.
Indeed, in a related video, Super Roader speculates that with access to the necessary shared test equipment limited for the remainder of 2021, Samsung would prioritize the launch of the Galaxy S22 over the Galaxy Tab S8.
Samsung’s tablets generally play a minor role to its massive smartphone company, but the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra could be an interesting device. Reports say it should undergo a minor design overhaul, with a massive 14.6-inch screen and a big display notch.
Whether the Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab has been delayed or not, we can’t wait to see what the company has in mind for its next line of flagship tablets.