Best Books Every Woman Should Read: Top 10
The best books every woman should read: Books are known to contain words or picture representations and sometimes unique inscriptions that have great value. Valuable information is often transmitted through different channels. Books are one of the best-known means of disseminating information. Books are not only carriers of information, they are means of collective storage. Storing and preserving information can be very effective when books are used.
One might ask, what is a book? A book is known as a printed piece or a series or even a collection of documents which could be in copies or even in series of pages. A book contains written characters or pictorial representations that are usually in neatly organized pages bound with a cover to hold them together. Books, for a very long time, have proven to be a good source of information and a great way to store or preserve it. A book can be in printed pages or in chapters. It can be handwritten and come in the form of a scroll or scrolls of parchment, etc.
Recommended: Differences between micro and macro environments
There is no set book shape or format as they could be made in different formats. Some very good examples include printed newspapers, files, gazette, calendars, magazines, journals, novels, manuals, scrolls, tablets, notebooks, exercise books, index and many more others. The most important books were not printed. They were mostly manuscripts inscribed on tablets, parchment papers and the like. There has been a significant development in book production as a result of its evolution.
Today, books are mainly printed with permanent inks and on very resistant papers. Storing information in books or through books has proven to be one of the best because it has proven, to a large extent, to be a very durable and very easy to reference form. When books are produced and preserved, it helps reduce the seemingly human imperfection and incompetence of the human mind. Prior to the production and use of books as a means of transmitting and storing information, the human brain was designed to retain a lot of information and recount it indiscriminately.
This act seems to be a great challenge for the verification of the accuracy and authenticity of this information. There was no viable way to keep records and this led to the loss of different sets of important information. With the advent of books, it has become easier to document and store important information for future reference. Having to remember everything and account for how it happened became a thing of the past because it could easily be recorded and stored in books. So it’s not just the books that are very important. A very important value of books can be underpinned by the fact that they are of great help in articulating thoughts, stories and historical events and then storing them for the future or for a very long time.
See also: Things to watch out for in a man before marriage
It also helps to preserve history and historical events, priceless moments, diaries, chronicles of events and sequences, people’s autobiographies as well as biographies, etc. Apart from books made of paper or stone tablets, civilization and technology have also introduced audio books. This type of book can be relatively inexpensive but of great value. Books are made up of words, pictures, and characters, as mentioned earlier, but those characters are worth more than just words or ink letters.
Some books are so important that they could save lives, protect lives and property, cause chaos, or resolve serious conflicts. Some books are genre-based. This means that they address issues relating to a particular genre. These may be questions of law, health or general knowledge. In this part of the article, we will be looking at some of the books that are highly valued and would be of great value to women. That is to say, the kind of books that would not only interest women but would broaden their horizons, increase the level of their knowledge and enlighten them.
Recommended: Best books on love and relationships
Top 10 Best Books Every Woman Should Read
1. BAD FEMINIST: Bad Feminist is a collection of essays written by Professor Roxane Gay in 2014. The essayist is also a cultural critic and novelist. Bad Feminist focuses on being a feminist. It also portrays feminist ideology against the contrasting principles of propagators of feminism.
In other words, more like loving and doing things that could be seen as in direct contrast to feminist ideology. Bad Feminist is a non-fiction written in English and one of the best books for every woman.
2. BOSSYPANTS: At around 277 pages, Bossypants is an autobiography and a comedy. With its publication in 2011, the book written by American comedian Tina Fey topped the New York Times bestseller list for about five weeks. Published by Little, Brown and Company, it remains one of the best books every woman should read.
Also see: How to Know a Guy Really Likes You
3. AMERICAN: Award-winning Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s 2013 novel Americanah won her the 2013 US National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction. It is one of his best works of literature and centers on the story of a young Nigerian woman who had fallen in love with a young man before leaving the country’s shores to pursue her education.
It further recounts their successes and how they returned to their homelands and attempted to rekindle their long-standing affection. The book was published by Alfred A. Knopfand is definitely one of the books that every woman should read.
4. YES PLEASE: The book has 329 pages. Written by American screenwriter and TV actress Amy Poehler, Yes Please was released in 2014 after it was announced in 2013.
Published by Dey Street, the book is one that incites humor and teaches many life lessons. This is one of the best books every woman should read.
See also: Advantages and disadvantages of being famous
5. BELOVED: At 324 pages, Beloved is a 1987 novel written by American writer Toni Morrison and centered on the American Civil War. It is history with some elements of mysticism. It exposes the life of a family once in servitude.
They had a home in Cincinnati but were constantly haunted by a spirit. Inspired by a true story of the life of a once-enslaved Margaret Garner from Kentucky, the book is one of the best books for every woman as it shows and depicts the strength and love, dexterity and perseverance of a woman.
6. EVERYTHING I EVER TOLD YOU: Everything I Never Told You is one of Amazon’s best-selling books of 2014. Written by Celeste Ng, the 2014 debut novel is about a bereaved Chinese-American mixed-race family who had found the drowned corpse in their midst. daughter Lydia in a nearby lake.
The novel is a mystery and a thriller. It is a psychological fiction that every woman should strive to read.
Recommended: Advantages and disadvantages of being a woman
7. JANE EYRE: The autobiography of the famous English writer Charlotte Brontë is a novel published under her pseudonym “Currer Bell“. It was published in 1847, precisely on October 19, by Smith, Elder & Co. of London.
The novel is one that traces the growth and development of the main character, accessing things like religious psychological and social development with elements of love. This is a good book that every woman should read.
8. WILD: Wild is approximately 336 pages. The book is a renowned memoir by American writer who is also an author and podcaster, Cheryl Strayed. Make the first selection for Oprah’s Book Club 2.0. it was a narrative chronicle of his 1,100 mic hike on the Pacific Crest Trail.
It happened in 1995 and it was more of a journey of self-discovery. This is one of the best books every woman should read.
Recommended: Best Places to Find a Girlfriend
9. BOY, SNOW, BIRD: British author Helen Oyeyemi had written the book, Boy, Snow, Bird which is a fairy tale story; White as snow.
Written in 2014, the novel is a gift from the author. At 304 pages, it was listed as one of the New York Times Best Books of 2014. It is one of the best books every woman should read.
10. MISCONDUCT: The book is a 224-page novel published by Penguin Books, Limited in 2019. Written by American author Mary Gaitskill. She is a deep essayist and writer whose stories and essays have appeared in The New Yorker and a few others.
It is among the top ten books every woman should read.
Recommended: the oldest countries in Africa
In conclusion, these are not just interesting books or works of fiction, but very insightful books that would transform a woman’s perception of highly controversial modern topics.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is determined to change the legal profession by creating web and mobile applications that will make legal research much easier.